Sunday, June 8, 2008

A look ahead

It has been too long since I have posted. While this is not a post about technology directly, it is a post about this blog.

In the past, I have semi-held true to the title of Random Coding. This will remain true and yet not in the coming weeks/months. There are a lot of focus that I'll be giving this blog from a UI perspective as well as the content with in.

The following posts will be making their way onto here soon:

  • Canceling MS AJAX Page Method calls

  • Exploring/Learning WCF and WF

  • MCTS topics of interest



A few weeks ago I attempted to find out how to cancel web method calls in ASP.Net Ajax and I couldn't find it. I ended up locating a post on canceling web service calls and was able to modify the code appropriately for my purposes. When finished though, it still threw me a curve ball that I had to address.

For over a year now, I've been learning WCF and WF off and on. While I have been learning it, I've done very VERY little with it. I'm going to be creating a number of posts based around a pet project that will utilize both of these.

From what I can tell, my MCAD can no longer be upgraded to a MCPD certification now that the 2008 tracks are out. I'm looking at my procrastination with the light that I'll be able to relearn the necessary information to pass the new certification tests. This is good since even though I do my day job well, it sometimes cause me to specialize more than I want. As I work on getting my TS and eventually PD certification(s), I'll be posting any tidbits, tips and tricks, and pet projects through here to help others as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment